Monday, March 29, 2004

Muscle Spasm

When one grows old, one can't help but notice the pains and aches that the body seem to accumulate overnight. This morning, my back pain got worse. According to popular opinion, it's a bad case of muscle spasm. The doctor at our clinic just wanted to observe it and gave me pain killers. My officemates were more worried since it could be worse, moreover when I experienced a sudden numbness on my lower extremities. One guessed that it could be a slipped disc while another said that it could be a pinched nerve. I didn't care. All I wanted was to lie down and stay in that position.

I could go on and on regarding the aches I'm experiencing lately but it would be useless and futile exercise. Let's focus on other things.

Like our (Leo and I) first month as a couple. First time ever that I celebrated a "monthsary" (is there any other word other than that? It sounds so awkward). Leo sent me two dozen roses (peach! My favorite!) at work causing an uproar which echoed through the whole floor and brought visitors to my workstation. I had my picture taken with the really nice bouquet. We had dinner yesterday at a really swanky place where the food prices made me blanch. I forced myself to finish the food that I ordered to avoid wastage (at hindi manghinayang sa presyo). The bread which they endlessly served with unsalted butter was really good though.

I just proved that one can't have everything. I mentioned previously that I'm having difficulty juggling all my commitments and activities. One ball is on the verge of falling on the floor and I'm trying my damn best to save it from breaking open
and exploding in my face. I just got my 2nd quiz from my management science subject and it was very dismal. At least I have two more weeks of this and it's a 2 month rest for me and Leo. We'll have more time to devote to each other. Yay! I'm pondering on taking just 3 units next term to help me cope with the increasing demand at work as well my gym time. Come to think of it, if this back pain proves to be something bad, I have to quit my gym.

It's a very exciting summer ahead. Hopefully all our plans will push through.

No comments: