Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Two's...

My trip to Puerto Galera was very enjoyable--stress and high prices aside. I swore that I will never return to that island during peak season. We paid Php11,000 for two rooms for two nights. That was horribly expensive considering that we spent only around Php1800 for one room for three nights during non-peak. If I wasn't desperate for a room, I would not have agreed to the rates.

Leo, Agnes and I left for Batangas pier around 430 in the morning. It was an uneventful trip since the waves were not that strong yet. The house-hunting stressed me out though. Allan, Rico, Ipe and Eddie arrived a couple of hours later. I got drunk the first night. It's been in awhile since that happened. Leo had to literally hold onto me to prevent me from crashing.

My officemates arrived around lunch time the next day. We spent the afternoon at Long Beach snorkeling and admiring the nifty corrals. Unfortunately, we had to leave early the next day. Leo and I need to be home early so we could get ready for dinner with Leo's family and hear mass as well.

Dinner was quite an event. The week previous that, I only spent time with his father. Now, I had dinner with his whole family. We had a table at Banana Leaf at Alabang. The place just opened a couple of weeks ago which explains their really terrible service. The food's ok though but it's not enough to compensate for the lousy service that we got. Nevertheless, I had a nice time talking with his sister and brother-in-law. His dad gamely joked with me (it was pretty easy since other than Leo, he has known me the longest considering that I was his student before), while I watched Leo's two cute nephews horsing around.

After kissing Leo's mom goodbye, I was surprised when the two kids approached me and kissed me as well. His mom was also very nice. She sounded like she wanted to get to know me better and I guess that's a good sign.

TERM 2 AND COUNTING

Oh yeah, I got my grades. I did surprisingly well. I got a grade of 3.0 for both subjects. Think of it this way, I'm still eligible for graduating with distinction. I'm ok as long as I don't get a grade of 2.5. Maybe I'll be able to do this.

TWO MONTHS AND COUNTING

Today is our two months together as a couple. Leo sent me flowers again. This time, instead of roses, he sent me Salmon Tulips. He was disappointed since the bouquet seemed rather small. I didn't mind. Flowers are still flowers and I'm happy with them.

This is the first time in my whole life that I've received so much flowers. I truly am very much blessed. Hopefully we'll stay together for a long long long and I do mean long, time.

No comments: