Sunday, May 16, 2004

Dress Code

Management decided to "strictly" implement a dress code for officers. I was a bit surprised there since there has always been one but it's not being strictly followed. Jeans are not allowed during Fridays yet managers, even HR personnel, are in jeans when Friday arrives. When I read the memo, I felt like I was in college again where dress code is strictly implemented lest you would want a trip to the DO.

Because of this dress code, I was forced to buy closed shoes this weekend. I think I'm the only female (or maybe part of a very small minority) who hates shopping. It's not a fun experience because my body type/foot type is not an easy size to find. With my bum heel, it made shopping more painful than it already is. It took almost a whole day spent walking around the Glorietta complex (that includes Landmark, Glorietta and SM) before I found a pair that fits and is acceptable to the office dress code. I did play a bit of a rebel by buying mules since it's still closed shoes! (I just confirmed that mules are allowed. Darn!)

This afternoon, I tried my luck at Alabang Town Center and Festival Mall. This time around, I'm looking for office sandals. I found a nice pair at ATC but my size is out of stock. Argh!

No comments: