Sunday, June 27, 2004

Everybody Hurts

Well, everybody hurts sometimes,
Everybody cries. And everybody hurts sometimes
And everybody hurts sometimes. So, hold on, hold on
Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on
Everybody hurts. You are not alone.


-REM's Everybody Hurts

I've always made it a policy not to hurt anyone with my words. That's the reason why I stay quiet when I'm pissed or angry. I don't want to say anything that I don't mean.

I managed to hurt someone whom I love very much today. It was a very traumatic experience for me because I saw how much my words hurt the other person. I will always carry that image with me for the rest of my life. I wish I could take back those words when I did not even mean them. I guess I was just so absorbed in my anger that I forgot to tell him why I was mad in the first place.

Today's experience reinforced and reaffirmed my love for this person and vice versa. I'm so glad that we managed to patch things up before we called it a night. I would not have been able to sleep knowing that he still carried those words that I said.

No comments: