Monday, April 03, 2006

Frustrations

It has been a frustrating day. Lots of aspects and I don't know where to start.

Well, let's start with my foot.

I had to depend on my cousin/aunt to take me to work today. I could not very well walk on my sore foot so I waited for them to get ready so I can go to work. Apparently, we were just waiting for each other to get ready so I ended up 30 minutes late at work. When I got to work, I met up with more frustrations.

Since we transferred to Operations January this year, a lot of our processes have changed. One of the practices that we had to adapt was productivity monitoring. It's a really tedious process wherein you have to note down what you did in every minute that you spent at work. It's difficult to backtrack and remember what you did on a certain day but it's mandated so we have to follow. It's our manager's basis for our performance appraisal. I know we'll get used to it but it's really very frustrating.

After meeting my daily quota and noting down how I spent the 7.5 hours at work, I limped off to school where our teacher is again conducting an online class. Now that's really frustrating. I think we only met 5 times in the whole 14 weeks of classes. Am not particularly fond of sitting in a room for 3 hours, but I want to learn something new with regards to this subject.

At least now, my foot is very much better. I could walk on it without screaming in pain. I went to see an orthopedic this morning and he just prescribed a better painkiller other than Ibuprofen (he gave me Arcoxia). Oh, and I should have my foot x-rayed if the pain persists and maybe consider therapy.

No comments: