Sunday, November 26, 2006

Back to Work

Well, it's back to work for me tomorrow. I hope I'm in the proper mindset now. I've been psyching myself up the whole day about work. I still have mixed feelings about it. A part of me is excited to return to work and face the challenges while there's still a part of me that is hesitant and afraid. Hopefully, I can get over that before I face my boss tomorrow.

I slept at 1 am this morning as I was reading my past journals last night. Ever since grade school, I've been keeping diaries but last 2001 during a difficult move of ours, I threw them away as I saw them as dust gatherers. Together with those journals, I also threw away letters, notes, mementos of my grade school and high school days. I regret that I did that. My memory lately is so poor that everytime I'm with my high school and college friends, I'm having difficulty remembering stuff that happened back then. The journals that I'm keeping now has January 1997 as the earliest date--during my college graduation.

It was really hilarious and I just wondered about my naiveity and stupidity before. I cringe whenever I read about embarassing stuff and I envy my life before when I was so close to God. I wrote down my reflections on Gospels and I kept thanking God almost every page. I should regain that kind of spirituality. My recent trials is God's way of reminding me of his presence and how much I've forgotten Him.

Please pray for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck on your return to the office. got your text late in the evening. i'm glad you took the time to refocus and relax. if you need any help, you know where to look for me. ;-)

Anonymous said...

kaya mo yan. kaw pa.