Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Parties

This past week, I attended 3 Christmas parties one day after the other.

The first one was last Thursday which was the industry awaited Mastercard Christmas Party. The prizes were absolutely fantastic! Of course, I didn't win anything but it was great seeing old friends from the industry. Incidentally, the grand prize was a 42" plasma TV. Other big prizes were laptops and cameras. Really nice.

The second one was Friday which was the SCB CB-Operations Christmas Party at Grilla. This one was also great as I won a nice prize (Nokia 5070!). The theme was also quite nostalgic (80's) and it had such great dance tunes. Everyone, including me, was dancing all night long. I just got back from a 2 day sick leave so I was not feeling quite well but it did not stop me from "swaying" on the dance floor.
In keeping up with theme (and to make things simpler), I just wore a simple Bagets shirt (Bagets was an iconic 80's movie), jeans and rubber shoes. I decided to forgo the make-up as I said, I was not feeling good.

My boss, Joanne, was also sick with the flu but she dragged herself out of bed just to join us in the celebration. I mean with 2 Dupods and an Ericsson P100 and a grand prize of trip to Boracay, I would drag myself out of bed!


As for yesterday, we had the CAU Christmas Party. We went by the same route we took last year wherein we rented a 1 bedroom Condotel for the festivities. This time, with our increased number of people, we rented a 2 bedroom Condotel at the BSA Mansions at Makati. The place was very spacious to fit all 21 of us comfortably. However, we had a laugh when we entered the room and found a condom wrapper on the bedside table. Apparently, the previous occupants got jiggy with it and housekeeping forgot to do its job. We forced one of the boys to remove it and he picked the wrapper up like he was handling some toxic material. He rigorously washed his hands afterwards. Not contented, he sanitized his hands and poured alcohol over them.



I won a prize but I donated that to them. Prizes were minor compared to the CB-Ops Christmas party but the games were hilarious. Most importantly, the guys enjoyed themselves.

I just have one scheduled Christmas party to go and that one is more difficult to dress into (Awards show). So we have the wear long gowns and everything. I'd go for the prizes though. We have numerous trip prizes so I'd go with that.

8 comments:

Ivy Tan said...

what's a CAU? buti ka nga you won something..just had our company party last friday and yes loset ako sa raffle. when are you free to have dinner? chuyie will be going home to davao dec 22

Ivy Tan said...

hey now ko la nakita uli ang site mo...ang nice!!!! cute!

Sunshine Sangalang said...

i'm ok this week. but i have a party on friday. would wednesday night be ok?

Sunshine Sangalang said...

CAU starts for Credit Acceptance Unit--the unit that I'm handling together with APU - Applications Processing Unit.

Norrie Blackeby said...

At the risk of sounding our of touch...What's a Dupod? Pinoys really know how to throw a party!

Sunshine Sangalang said...

Dupod is a phone. it's blackberry compatible and has a windows OS. really awesome phone.

ticket2 me said...

no way.. you're wearing a gown????

Sunshine Sangalang said...

nah, just a cocktail gown :) my mother-in-law lent me a really nice pair of earrings which i'm wearing.