Monday, December 03, 2007

Wala na sa kalendaryo, pero meron pa sa Lotto

When people asked me how old I am today, I answered them with the phrase above. I can't believe I'm already 32! Gah!

The day started off really blah. In other words, I really didn't want to go to work today but I'm out of leaves already.

Anyway, I was a bit disappointed when I arrived at work and saw that my workstation was not decorated. Nevertheless, I put aside my hurt feelings and focused on ordering merienda for my humongous team (I have 2 teams comprising of 33 people. Go figure). I finally decided on CCME and ordered a couple of gallons of spaghetti, another couple of gallons of pancit sotanghon, a couple of trays of cheese sticks and another 2 trays of chicken lollipop.

I asked one of my unit heads to accompany me to buy softdrinks at Landmark for the team. When I got back, this was the sight that greeted me. It somehow uplifted my spirits but I still felt a little blah.

I then went back to my evaluation and discussing business stuff with one of the unit heads over-the-bakod when I heard people singing behind me (my desk is facing the window). One of my teams gave me a birthday cake (I was not able to take a picture before I sliced it). It was a triple chocolate cake from Goldilocks. I was not able to taste it but according to them, it was delicious. They also apologized for not being able to decorate my workstation earlier as they had to leave early last Thursday due to the curfew thing and they came in late today. It made me feel better though. I thought they forgot (not like other people I know). Hehe.

At least I have a bigger cake to serve my "guests". I also bought a cake at Landmark in case they did "forget". Hehe. I bought that cake home instead.

That's me beside my "handa". I thought the food was not enough but there were still some leftovers when I left the office.

I left the office at 6pm for my dinner with Leo. Actually, Leo and I already celebrated yesterday when he treated me to lunch at Spirals at Sofitel. Speaking of Spirals, the food is really really delicious! And they're the only hotel buffet I know (unless there are others) that has a wine bar! I consumed two glasses of Asti together with my food. Yumyum! That's why Leo and are only going there once a year. You can only pig out that much.

Since I was feeling under the weather, Leo and I ended up at CPK where we had dinner. My throat is now hurting and I feel I'm going down with fever. Gosh, I don't need this. I have three Christmas parties lined up this week! And another one next week! Argh! I want to attend every one of them!

For gifts, my boss gave me my first ever formal bag (it's a really nice black clutch bag. At last, I have a formal bag!); My friend Cessna gave me a very enlightening book which I will definitely read from cover to cover (The Power of the Praying Wife). According to her, it helped her marriage last for 7 years and counting; My sister-in-law gave me a nice blouse from Marks and Spencer (hah! it fit! she guessed my size pretty well); and my parents-in-law gave me nice wonderful cash (which I used to pay for the merienda. Haha!). :)

The past weeks after my last blog have been hectic as well. Leo and I went to the Annual St. James Bazaar the past 3 days to make headway on our Christmas shopping. I'm happy to say that we're almost 90% done. I'm so proud of what we've accomplished. Now the bloody part begins--wrapping them up.

On Nov. 30, Friday, we celebrated my dad's birthday at where else, Dad's! :) We treated him to the ultimate Dad's buffet. I also gave/bought him a couple of CDs (Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman).

On a sad note, I thought this year of deaths is already over. However, I was greeted with news that my friend's father passed away on Nov. 30. We paid our respects (again at Sanctuarium--what a very posh place) yesterday. It was great seeing our friend again (he's based in the US so we only get to see him when he's in town) and seeing pictures of his wonderful family. His father also died of lung cancer (like my lolo). In his dad's case, he only lasted a month from the diagnosis (as compared to 4 months for my grandfather) before he passed away. May his soul rest in peace.

Well, that's my weeks so far and my birthday. After this, I'll take a shower and finish off our Christmas cards. It's already the first week of December and I have to send them out this week if they're going to make it to the US, England and Australia on time.

6 comments:

Rocky "Augustus Caesar" Palileo said...

hi ate sunshine! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! hehehe

JC Sobejana said...

Isn't liver cancer and kinamatay ni lolo not lung cancer??? Happy birthday again, my twinny...Oh, I remember those times when I was in Pinas, I also have lots of surprises from my friends. But ngayon wala na...malayo na eh tapos kapag birthday mo dito malungkot kase mas namimiss ko yung family and friends ko dyan sa pinas who never forgets to greet me and I appreciate it so much.

Sunshine Sangalang said...

ay ongapala :) parehong cancer pa rin yon. pasensya na. i'm home sick right now. at least hindi ako nagkasakit on the day of our birthday. haha.

Nonie David Carluen said...

you are right claudine - your lolo died of liver cancer.

mommy cess said...

oo nga pala, birthday din ni claudine, nyahahaha! happy birthday claudine!

JC Sobejana said...

thank you MommyCess