Wednesday, March 05, 2014

The Oscars

I enjoy watching award shows--maybe because I get to see my favourite actors and actresses all in one event. Also, they usually have once-in-a-lifetime musical numbers or highlights.

The Oscars is something that I look forward to every year and when they announced that Ellen DeGeneres will host the 86th Academy Awards, I was pretty excited. I used to watch her a lot when I was on maternity leave as I found her so entertaining. True enough, she literally delivered.

There was this bit wherein she had pizza delivered and offered it to her audience. For a supposedly formal and stuffy event, she made it fun and interacted with her audience a lot.



Of course, who would forget the most talked about selfie that she took with A-list stars (I would definitely want to be in that photo). And it was retweeted more than 3 million times and counting and it broke Twitter as well.



I was ecstatic when Frozen won as the song really resonated across all ages, sex and race. However, I was desolated when Leo lost the Oscar race for Best Actor once again. When he won in the Golden Globes, I really thought he'll have the chance. There's always next year though. Hopefully, he and Martin Scorsese can come up with another Oscar-worthy vehicle for him.

Congratulations to the winners!

No comments: