Monday, July 26, 2021

Days Like These

I truly had the most relaxing weekend that I had in months. And it did not take an out of town trip to get my mind back on track. Actually, am not sure if it is in track but I'm happy that I spent the weekend just chillaxing, sleeping and not having work hound me. 

I also have a new oppa who inspires me--Ha Seok Jin. Unfortunately, it's difficult to find his merchandise as he's not as well known as the other oppas out there. Whenever I search for his name in Shopee, Jin's BTS keeps on popping up. Come to think of it, I also tried looking for his merch when I was in SK at the request of Mayeth but was not successful. It's ok though. I don't have to share him with lots of people. He's the only actor who I included in my Google alerts and even turned on my IG and Youtube notifs for him. I never did that to anyone even during my ALDUB fangirling days. I must have had it bad. Now if I could learn Korean fast enough so I can watch his YT videos without waiting for the English translation. It's really so frustrating. I really can't be self taught even if I have all these books to teach me.  

Learning a language is a two-way thing. I have to practice it out but that's what I'm missing--a constant language companion. Same as how I contracted an American accent when I was in the US. My learning has always been auditory. So hard to adjust. 

No comments: