Friday, October 22, 2021

First Week

As expected, my first week at my new job was information overload. I had to unlearn all the jargon I knew and learn new ones. I had to familiarize myself with processes and people. 

I also had a short talk with my boss earlier and I realized that I've been given a daunting task. Hopefully, I'll be able to deliver. He thinks he can so I'll hold on to that belief that I can. All it takes is just one person to believe in me.

What I do involves a lot of research and readings--one that I know I'm good at. Hopefully, I'll still be fit in the role even if my experience was in the back-end. 

I'm also intimidated by the other executives reporting to my boss. This is the largest I've seen him handle but I believe he'll be able to do it. Hopefully, so can I. 

No comments: