Thursday, February 11, 2021

When My Asthma Attacks

 



After being dormant for the past 6 months, ay asthma decided to resurface last week. Since I had no idea if my meds were still updated, I scheduled an appointment with my pulmo. I was prescribed a bevy of drugs which would hopefully control the attacks. 

I thought I outgrew this but the allergies came out full force during my second pregnancy, including my asthma. Not only did I have to see my OB and my endo but my pulmo as well. It's frustrating that my body became sensitive to stuff which I usually ignore--like dust and my favorite food--mangoes. Either would trigger a round of coughing and wheezing. 

There's also the matter of cost. The above meds cost me around P7+K. I have to nebulize two types of meds and one of them costs P200 each! And I have to nebulize 3x/day. Out of all of these, it's the Zykast I hate the most as it makes me groggy the next day (side effect of antihistamines).

I've tried essential oils but I can't seem to find the right mix yet. Maybe one of these days, I'll find one that will be able to control the attacks. 

No comments: