Tuesday, April 06, 2021

At the Moment

I was preparing the program for my boss' send-off last night and I stalked people's FB for pictures of him to include in the AVP. 

Though it's been more than a year since this virus has wreaked havoc in our world, it's only now that I realized how things have really changed and I'm still trying to process my feelings about it. Case in point, the photos that I found. Out of all the 70 pictures that I managed to find, there's only one wherein I was included. Not surprising as I've been only reporting to him for only a year and majority of which was spent online due to the WFH arrangement.

All of them featured him with different colleagues, eating out or at events or even playing sports. None of those we can do today. We were lucky to have lunch with him last Christmas but that was it. Now all that I have as a remembrance of the best boss I ever had was his email archive which he has left with me. 

I also realized how clingy and dependent I am with my boss which is expected as it's the first time I was out of my comfort zone for 8 years. I had him to guide me through the rough patches and made us achieve all that we have accomplished. But I guess it's time that I let go and weather through all this on my own. I would want to think that he left me with enough learnings to make the right and appropriate decisions.

No comments: