Saturday, March 19, 2022

Pressure is a Privilege


My new job has been very interesting. Not only is it different from what I used to do, the pressure is also real. But at the end, I'm still happy.

I moved jobs because I followed my previous boss. Out of all the immediate supervisors I had, he was the only one that really got me. He knew how to motivate me to be a better version of myself and it was through pressure.

My responsibilities involves numerous  projects and he gave me deadlines which made me question my capabilities. Amazingly, I still get to meet his expectations. I love sitting in meetings with him because I get to pick his brain and I get to learn a lot. He managed to impress most people the almost one year that he was with the company. 

When I was given a new task just this week, he mentioned the above quote which we got from a speaker in one of our office functions. I guess I'm very privileged as the pressure is real. Granted that he's the only one pressuring me but I truly enjoy the challenge. I take pride in the fact that he handpicked me so I can execute all the projects and enhancement that he wants.

The amount of work that I do now is more than what I used to do. But I am truly happy and satisfied with what I do. It's amazing that I get to discover and learn more things at my age. 


No comments: