Monday, May 24, 2021

Calm Before the Storm

Things have been "peaceful" the past week and I'm thinking that it's the calm before the storm. 

I'm nervous AF and I'm not sure how to allay this feeling. I know I did my best to prepare everyone but nevertheless, it does not stop nor address the uneasiness that seems to pervade my waking hours.

This is something that I really do not envision myself doing in the long term. I don't know. Maybe because it's the first time for me so it's a learning experience but if there's one thing that my colleague's death taught me, no job is worth the stress.

Stress is good, yes, but not to the point that it's robbing me of much needed sleep and rest. I've lost count of the nights that I wake up in cold sweat thinking of something that I might've missed.  There must be a balance somewhere. I'm hoping to find it someday before I'm forced to do something I'm not ready to do. 

No comments: