Thursday, May 13, 2021

Goodbye, Ernie


I hate it that this is our last photo together taken last December. I hate it that we never had a proper celebration or even a proper goodbye. An hour after we heard the news, I can't still process the thought that you're gone. 

I can still remember the time we first met. I recently joined the bank and I was looking for a new team leader for my department. Your resume landed in my inbox and though you had no experience with the product, I still hired you because I trusted my instincts. Plus, your answers to my Ms. Universe questions were beyond par. 

Over the years, you impressed me with your wit and how you managed to get things done the way I wanted them to be done. You've become my confidante--one who I've bounced ideas off and one who will never hesitate to speak his mind.  

And don't get me started on your generosity and the stories. We never seem to run out of them. 

It still amuses me that I started the trend of having people call you by your first name in the office when nobody outside of work knows you by that name. 

My heart goes out to your wife who I know you love so dearly. 

I have so many stories and so many encounters. But one thing's for sure. I will really really miss you, my friend. God bless. Until we meet again. 

No comments: