Monday, May 17, 2021

Grief

How does one deal with grief? 

I had a difficult time last Thursday when we learned of the news. I found myself breaking down later that evening. I couldn't sleep and not even my Kdramas could soothe me. 

We held an online wake for you last Friday evening. It was a chance for us, his colleagues, to come together and share stories about him. Most couldn't speak as they were so overcome with emotion. Besides, it was the best that we can do considering the COVID situation. It sucks though as nothing would beat a physical hug for comfort.

I wanted to hug so many people that day--his family, his team members, his supervisors. Heck, I wish I could even hug myself (though my husband did that for me). Numerous people have already expressed their frustration with this epidemic and I add my voice to that count--not because of the curtailed freedom to go anywhere I want, but more of the freedom to express our sympathies the way we want them to.

It still hurts up to now and I can only imagine the pain of his family. 

One thing's for sure, even when we finally return to work, it will never be the same. 

No comments: