Monday, August 16, 2021

Decluttering

I've always had difficulty controlling my mess. I try my best to organize stuff but I just end up relocating my clutter. 

For the past several days, I've made it a point to start throwing away stuff. I made it a goal to fill up my trash can and I've been doing so since Thursday. That's only the cabinets on beside my work station. I have to work my away throughout the room to make sure I get through stuff. And I have to also check out the boxes that are outside our room. 

So far, I've thrown away knick knacks that I haven't seen or used the past 20 years. Some of them are just dust gatherers and which I'm keeping for nostalgia's sake.

Nostalgia is a tricky thing. I look at them, reminisce for a few minutes then put them back. Am thinking how I can immortalize them without keeping them. Maybe take pictures and keep them digitally? Let's see though. I'm getting the hang of throwing away stuff. Problem is, I'm replacing them with more stuff that I buy online. It's a ruthless cycle which I don't know how will end. 

No comments: