Saturday, October 16, 2004

Acquaintances and Friendships

I went to the Taft campus to meet with my groupmates this morning. We have a group report this Tuesday and the information that we need is only available in the Taft campus library. It was also the first time that I returned to the library after 7 years.

It took me awhile to get my bearings and to refamiliarize myself with the cataloguing system. My groupmates were impressed with how fast I was able to find the books from the shelves. I credit it to my high school library training. Being the nerd that I am, I spent my free hours in the library. I wanted to spend some more time there but my asthma was acting up and I could not stand the smell of old books.

After meeting with my groupmates, I had one of them drop me off at my grandparents' house in Makati. They were pleasantly surprised to see me although I did not stay long. I hailed a cab to take me back home. Upon arriving, I went online to download the program that I needed to make my genogram for my ethics class. It's a rather colorful chart. It took me a few hours to finish and I proudly showed my SO the results. Well, actually, I just told him that I included him in my chart (as "dating"). It irritated me when he questioned his presence there. What compounded to the irritation was when he asked me to change my YM picture (which featured the both of us). I know this is just a quirk of his, but it irritated me once again. I don't know. Maybe this has nothing to do with him.

I've been under pressure the past two days to do a very distasteful task that my mom asked me to do for her. Times like these that I wish I was never born. Much as I would want to ask for moral support from my SO, I don't know if he can even give me that since his family is not as dysfunctional as mine (you want dysfunctional? Just look at my genogram!). Nor has he harboured these feelings that I'm feeling for my family right now.

Ok, I just did what every eldest sibling would do in situation such as this--pass it on to the youngest (haha!). I asked my brother to do the task and gave him the specific instructions. Hopefully, he'll be able to do this to the letter.

Anyway, onto happy thoughts. Met with my barkada last night. I haven't seen them for three months and it was a happy reunion, even if it was just to watch Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (a nice watch, by the way). I missed everyone, especially Allan, my ever-wise bestprend. We managed to set a dinner date for next week for a lengthier and more private talk. It was a lively atmosphere over dinner. I really did miss everyone. Chris hasn't cut his hair in months and was the subject of our ire and teasing (from the "vaness" to the "inis" look); Edy and Ipe are still a cute couple; Ching and Mike are still going strong; and Rico is still the same subdued "bubbly" (I don't know how you can reconcile those two words, but that's how I describe him) self.

Other than picking on Chris' hair, being the un-athletic people that we are, we picked on the DLSU basketball team, moreover with their recent appearance at Cito Beltran's talk show. SO and I saw the show although we only caught the last part of the interview. Apparently, one of the players gave a really stupid answer to a really easy question which made me cringe and be ashamed of coming from the same school that he did. To give him credit, maybe he was just nervous, but how can you give an "I don't know" answer to a "What is your course all about?" question? Aaaaargggghhh!!! Franz Pumaren was the only one who made sense in that interview.

We're scheduled to come together (right now! Over me!) again on Miko's birthday at the end of this month. That will be another round of lively conversations, cigarette breaths and no doubt, alcohol-induced slumbers. Ah yes, my friendships! I missed you guys!

No comments: