Thursday, October 14, 2004

Hi Ho Hi Ho Off to the Shop It Goes

I returned to Electroworld Park Sqaure with the SO this lunch time to have my Palm Zire cradle checked, since it was not synching with my laptop. The attendant could not figure out what was wrong with it so he pulled it out. So I have to preserve my palm's battery since I won't be getting it back for three days or so.

OTHER NEWS

My sister-in-law is pregnant once again. She's 7 weeks on the way, which means that she'll be five months pregnant on her wedding. I do hope the gown will fit. Moreover, I do pray that she carries this baby full term. Too bad my mom won't be here to witness the birth of her first ever grandchild.

My brother-in-law's father was also rushed to the ICU yesterday due to a mild heart attack. The doctor noted that it was because of his excessive smoking that got him to where he is right now. This prompted us siblings to relaunch our "dad-you-have-to-quit-smoking" campaign. We have been nagging our dad for years and years and years to quit something. He was already hospitalized before and the doctor already advised him to quit, but no, he still kept on going. It bothered me that my half-sister loved our dad's smoky smell when we all shy away from him once we smell a whiff of cigarette smoke. We do hope that he does not learn his lesson the hard way.

My possible future father-in-law had an angioplasty a few years back and this promoted them to eat healthier (which also prompted Leo's abrupt weight loss. He lost 20 freaking pounds in less than three months!).

My cough has gone from bad to worse. Noticed that it acts up when I'm exposed to the cold. It's unfortunate that the aircon vent at work is near my area. It's more unfortunate that two jackets still did not keep the cold out during class this evening. The tightening in my chest area became more acute. I was only relieved when I managed to thaw out. I swear, I'll never survive in a cold country. I'll probably be miserable the whole time.

It will also be a contention when/if Leo and I live together. The heat bothers him easily while the cold bothers me easily. Wonder where will the compromise be in that? Heck, if my sisters survived this, I'm sure I can too (according to my sisters' stories, they also don't like the cold and their respective husbands do. I'll ask them for tips on how they managed the sleeping arrangements).

No comments: