Monday, October 11, 2004

Requisccat in Pace

I was momentarily stunned when I heard the news that Christopher Reeves died. I first heard about it in the radio although I only heard the last part of the breaking news. I had to call Leo (through the internet) to confirm the news flash.

It's definitely sad news since I've always equated Christopher Reeves to the Superman cartoon. Yes, I know he's not really Superman but it's ironic that he played a character who was considered the Man of Steel. I guess it goes to show that he's just human after all.

May he rest in peace.

SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER

It was Saturday night and for the first time in ages, I was home bored out of my mind. Leo's busy with work and just spent more than 8 hours in the office (on a Saturday!) and afterwards, went straight home to brood and rant about his work. I, on the other hand, spent the morning with a friend although I came home shortly after 4 pm to try to catch up with my assignments and also to relax.

To my dismay, my sister had her classmates over and they occupied our living and dining room. Since turning on the tv is not option, I could have just planted myself in front of my laptop and surfed to my heart's delight. Unfortunately, my brother was tinkering with my laptop and reinstalling stuff.

Left with no other alternative, I semi-cleaned my room although that took only an hour. I contented myself to playing some of my palm games. Nevertheless, that did not look too good considering I'm capable of amusing myself even without electricity.

Speaking of my palm, I think there's something wrong with my cradle. All the while, I thought there was a problem with my drivers, but when I tested the cradle on another PC, it still would not work. I have no other option but to go back to the shop and have the cradle checked. That's such a big hassle.

Oh yeah, my sister has a brand new spanking phone. Her husband got her the new Nokia 76-series phone (the one that's shaped like a leaf). She's the point of envy of everyone in the house right now. As much as I would want to get a new phone, I don't have the financial means to do so right now. I'm even worrying where I will get my Christmas shopping money! And most of all, I have no freaking idea what to get my SO for Christmas! What do you give someone who has (almost) everything?! And my possible-future-in-laws?! What do I give them?! ((worry worry worry))

FATTY FAT FAT

You might be wondering why I feel fat today. Well, it's what I get for more than 3 weeks of no physical activity. Ever since school started, it's difficult for us to find a free schedule to go walking or jogging. The lack of exercise slowed down my metabolism. Moreover, I've made it a habit to drink coffee in the morning (or afternoon). It's becoming part of my staple diet and I find that alarming. One cup of coffee for me can be fattening since I drink my coffee with lots of milk and sugar (my officemates call it milk with coffee). However, I've been teaching myself to drink plain tea. Is it healthier than coffee?

No comments: