Wednesday, March 24, 2021

10KM

I posted previously how passionate I was with biking and how it was the form of exercise that I can tolerate. However, ever since my accident, I haven't had the courage to get back on my bike. But since my body has been craving some sort of exercise (not to mention I had to huff and puff just climbing 3 flights of stairs), I resorted to walking. 

It's my second day and I already increased my distance. From yesterday's 2.7km, I was able to increase it to 3.62km today. My goal is to be able to walk 10km. From there, maybe I can move to jogging or running. I also increased my time from 30 mins to 45 mins. I want to walk at least for an hour. Good thing our neighborhood has open spaces and wide streets. Moreover, I walk early in the morning so less people and cars about. I have my Kpop playlist to keep my company. Though I might have to make a new one as I realized I put in too much ballads which makes me walk slower. .

I loved it when I started sweating. It's as if the toxins and negativity were also flowing out. Somehow, it's easier for my to start me workday even if I'm WFH. I found myself more energized and it a better frame of mind to cope with the stress and the issues that I encounter throughout the day. I hope I can continue this for 21 days so I can make it into a habit. 

No comments: