Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Recruitment

I had an interesting conversation with my boss yesterday. We were discussion about the vacancies in my team and how I should talk to the interested parties who wants to join my division.

He mentioned that recruiting people is like being in Sales--I sell the position to them and what the job entails. However, not only do I have to sell the highlights but be open to them on the challenges that we face as well.

I've been handling people for more than half of my career and this is the first time that I'm actually actively looking for people to join my team. It's not easy as our job is not the usual productivity and operations-based tasks which I'm used to. It's very cerebral and people skills is a must. We have to do a lot of analysis and interpretation and we have to talk to numerous officers and executives to get or cascade the necessary information. 

It's exhausting but fulfilling. I hope my team will have the same sense of gratification that I'm getting from this job. 

No comments: