Wednesday, March 17, 2021

KDrama OST to Kpop

 


I debated whether to post this here or to my Kdrama blog but I decided to just place it here.

Anyway, I initially didn't like listening to foreign language songs. I was too lazy to read up on the lyrics to find out what the song was about and not only that, it's so difficult to memorize. 

My perspective changed after watching Kdramas. The OST (Original Sound Track) literally adds drama to the show which amplifies the feelings. It was then that I realized that if a song is really good, lyrics are sometimes not necessary for me to feel the message. In fact, I do not even know the english meaning of the OSTs that I've memorized. 

From the OSTs, I migrated to Kpop. I can't recall how I got into it but I can remember how I discovered my first Kpop band--Big Bang. I was watching a Running Man episode where they were featured guests. The voice of one of the members, T.O.P., made me look them up and after seeing them perform, I just couldn't get enough.

I then broadened my scope to other types of Kpop and discovered their ballads. The featured video above was released in 2012 by Naul who belongs to band called Brown Eyed Soul. Funny that I first heard this when one of the channels that I subscribe to in YT, covered the drum line of the song. 

Oh, and while watching animes, I also loved the OSTs, so I now have a Japanese playlist in Spotify. 

 

No comments: