Monday, March 01, 2021

Two Princes

 



I recall watching Princes William and Harry grow up without their mother. I've always been a fan of the British royals and vaguely remember the wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana. I also grieved with the latter's family when she passed away after that tragic car accident. 

Back then, I always thought that William was more handsome. And when he got married to Kate, I remember rushing home so I can catch their wedding on TV. I also saw Harry as that child who did whatever he wanted--the "wild child", so to speak. 

Nowadays (and after watching The Crown), am beginning to see how difficult it is being part of the monarchy. I also understood why Prince Harry chose to step away and live in California with his family. Seeing him in this interview, he looked so happy and relaxed. But when I would see William in news clips, he seemed so staid and formal. I guess being a royal, you can never let your guard down and relax.

What struck me in the above interview was when he said he never walked away and if asked, he can always come back. He made that decision to protect his wife and family who have always been a target of the British press. Oh and it's so surreal that the queen gave them a waffle maker. :D 

   

No comments: