Friday, March 12, 2021

When in Rome

Throughout my 20 year career, I've had numerous boss changes meaning either they resigned to move to other companies or were promoted to other roles internally. It didn't bother me much as I always saw it as a challenge and an opportunity to learn. However, when my boss called me earlier to tell me that he's leaving the bank, I cried after we ended the call. 

I've been working with him for more than a year already ever since I was assigned under his supervision. Suffice to say, I've learned so much from him over that whole period of time. He provided me the much needed direction in my tasks considering I was also new to the role. He always had time for me to discuss even the nitty gritty things. I also learned to make well-informed decisions as I know he will always have my back. For that, I will always be thankful to him.

I'm not sure now who will replace him and other than sadness, am feeling fear. With an upcoming external audit, I was hoping that he would guide me on what to do but it seems that I will be left to my own devices. Am not sure now whose guidance I would need to get.    

I can do a When in Rome but I do not like to leave things unfinished. Moreover, I made plans to stay where I am. I guess I just have to bear it and pray and hope for the best. 

No comments: