Saturday, January 03, 2009

9 MONTHS!

This is it. I'm on my 37th week already and I can give birth ANYTIME. I just had my check-up this morning with my OB. Sadly though, I'm still not yet dilated and my stomach is still "high". I JUST WANT TO GET THIS OVER WITH!!! Aaaargh!!!! According to the IE, the baby is pressing against my bladder and hip bone (I could definitely confirm that when I have to go to the rest room almost every hour) and his head is still not yet engaged. My cervix has also not yet softened. All the while, I thought I'm dilated already as I felt really strong pains during the new year's eve celebration. It turns out it was just my baby moving around as he was annoyed with all the noise.

Last night, I got paranoid and thought I have pre-eclampsia as I was nauseous the whole afternoon and there was pain in my upper abdomen. Turns out it was just indigestion as my BP is still normal (100/60) and there is no trace of protein or glucose in my urine. However, I did gain 4 lbs in the last 2 weeks due to all the Christmas eating that I did totaling my pregnancy weight gain to 13 lbs. Not bad. At least I'm not nagmamanas. My feet and hands are still ok (although I can barely wear my wedding band now).

Leo has already installed the baby's car seat in the backseat of our car and we've packed our bags (3 bags all in all!) for the hospital stay. I'm having second thoughts why I'm giving birth at Makati Med when Asian Hospital is closer. But well, I've decided on Makati Med so I'll stick to that. Besides, I'll have more visitors there. :)

I really want to give birth by next week but it looks like it's not meant to be. I don't mind going to work but I hate going to work with interrupted sleep. I mean I wake up 3-4x during the night and I wake up woozy and cranky. I won't also have a ride going to work next week as my mother-in-law, who usually brings and fetches me from work, will have a minor operation at St. Luke's next week (please pray for her quick recovery). The driver is also not available as he's out of town and won't be back until end of January, I think. I'm still persuading my husband to bring me to work everyday at least only for next week (it's easier to find a ride going home than going to work).

If I won't give birth by the 2nd week of January, I'll start my maternity on January 19 to get ready for my due date on January 24. So that means I'll only be in the office for the first two weeks of January. I think I can survive that.

Wish me luck and please keep me, my baby and my mother-in-law in your prayers.

13 comments:

Ivy Tan said...

goodluck!!!! keep me posted ha when you give birth na =)

Rene David said...

You'll be alright Shine... just think of your son's handsome face when you get to see him for the first time. A GREAT JOY IS COMING!!!!

Nonie David Carluen said...

this next couple of days will be a drag. is the maternity floor still the 5th? do you know how heavy your son is now? are you running a sweep? .

mommy cess said...

o, di ,natupad ang wish mo na lagpas na sa holidays =D

Ivy Tan said...

have you thought of a name yet?

Ivy Tan said...

have you thought of a name yet?

Sunshine Sangalang said...

baby's name is "sebastian" :) will send out a text once i give birth.

Sunshine Sangalang said...

makati med has a new building and the new delivery rooms will be located there. according to my doctor, baka doon na ako manganak. i don't know how heavy my son is yet. if i reach my 40th week and still haven't given birth, i'll have another ultrasound.

Aileen Apolo said...

Uyyy malapit na! =)

Norrie Blackeby said...

Three bags? Are you going on holidays? Haha! Anyway, soon it will be over and you will start a lifelong commitment. Sounds excting eh? Kawawa ka naman trying to commute to work. It must be hard to walk around with a big tummy!

Sunshine Sangalang said...

actually, pumayag na si leo na ihatid ako everyday :) big effort sa kanya yun considering he has to wake up extra early. hehe. at least when he gets back home, he can take a nap again.
going home naman, it's easy kasi marami akong puwedeng sabayan. if ever i would need to commute, hindi mahirap sumakay.
ngayon nga, yung mga tao sa office nagtataka kung bakit hindi pa ako nanganganak. at least may game plan na kami in case abutin ako ng contractions sa office. may magdadala na sa akin sa hospital. :)

Norrie Blackeby said...

At least sa kanto lang ang MMC from your office. Hmm good idea yan Sunshine. I've been waiting for the text to come through. remind Leo okay??? Ayoko to be the last to know! :-)

JC Sobejana said...

hahaha! when you give birth mas sleep deprive k p kesa ngyong buntis ka. i know everyone cn atest to that, God bless u though