Saturday, February 13, 2010

Flower Power!

Just one more day to go and I'm done with this Valentine craze--at least for this year.

It was crazy at work, with female and male officemates receiving boquets of flowers left and right. An officemate even received 3 bouquets from 3 different guys! Where is the fairness in that? All day long, I watched friends receive flowers, though logically I tell myself that there is no one who in his right mind would give me flowers, but I still hoped. By 5:30 I gave up and asked my dad to pick me up.

It's difficult to pretend that I don't care when there are all these flowers staring right at me. I did get a couple of long-stemmed roses (one from my Dad and another from a female officemate who gave flowers to everyone), but they don't count in my book. It's still different if you receive it from someone from the opposite sex who is neither your blood relative or a friend. I don't mean to sound ungrateful. Heck, it was really sweet of my dad to get us flowers, but it's still different.

I love flowers. I really do. What makes them more special is that it's not often that I receive them. I'm particularly fond of peach roses. Have no idea why I like that particular color when a friend informed me that it means admiration. (I learned that colors have different meanings). Tulips are nice too although they can be horribly expensive. That covers my knowledge on flowers though. Although I recently discovered Malaysian mums and the such.

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. I gifted myself with a spa appointment at my gym. I'm having a chocolate scrub and body massage. That would really be nice. I don't know if I'm going out again tomorrow but I'll just play it by ear. I do want to see that movie with Mandy Moore in it. Actually, I wanted to see Gothika but it won't be out until March.

*sigh*Things really used to be VERY simple. I don't know why it has evolved to being this complicated.

No comments: