Sunday, February 26, 2017

US Vacation 2014 - Fr. Gino's Ordination

One of the reasons why we visited the US last 2014 was to attend the ordination of my husband's cousin to his chosen vocation. It was the first time that I attended an ordination and in another country, to boot.


The ceremony was held at the Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart at New Jersey. It literally felt like a wedding as we were all decked in formal attire (barong for the males). There was even a reception at a hotel afterwards.

One noteworthy moment was that the photographer that my husband's aunt hired was also our wedding photographer, John Mateos Ong. He shared with me that it was the first time that he will cover an ordination. I'm sure he captured the moment well.



The picture below is me receiving the first blessing from Fr. Gino. I remember shedding tears as his prayer was personal and heartfelt. 


No comments: