Friday, February 28, 2020

Tiredness

So far, so good.

More than in a month in my new role and I'm starting to get the hang of it.

It's really meetings and meetings galore. My brain is really getting a work-out. I feel like I'm a walking Wikipedia already with all the fact and regulation checks that the different businesses are asking me to verify. It's really interesting and I'm learning a lot as I go along. I really hope I can sustain this.

Downside is that I'm exhausted when I get home--exhausted to the point that I couldn't sleep anymore. I've also been working during holidays and weekends to catch up. Since I'm in meetings during the day, I only get to answer my emails after work or when I find a lull.

Best of all, my boss has not left yet. I'm learning a lot from him and I've never been this happy. Hopefully, I'll be able to support him as much as I can by doing a good job. So far, nobody's complaining--yet. I already caught some inconsistencies and called the attention of some people. The true test of my role is the upcoming BSP Audit. I'm praying we'll survive that.

Fingers crossed!

No comments: