Saturday, July 10, 2021

The Months That Were

Up to now, I'm amazed how I was able to survive the stress for the past 4-5 months. It's hard to talk about it due to confidentiality reasons but for most of those months, I felt like I carried such a great burden. I had to make people comply and get the reports that are being requested by the auditing body. There were days that I just wanted to quit but I held on and guided everyone up to the best of my abilities. 

And I think we did well. Surprisingly well considering that it was my first major audit and half of the time, I had no idea what I was doing. I survived by asking around and getting around my shyness with people. If I needed something, I just reached out to the person in charge regardless of the person's rank.

I received a lot of compliments and thanks for a job well done. What made it meaningful was it did not come only from my supervisor but from my peers as well and which added to my sense of accomplishment. Previously, I felt like it was my ex-boss that only believed in me. Sadly, he encouraged me while he was in another company but it felt great. It only had to take one person to believe in me and I just handled the rest. He has always told me that I could do it.

I really do miss my old boss. I'm not saying that I do not like my new boss. She's just as awesome. But nothing would replace the working relationship I had with my previous boss. I just wish we'll have a chance to work together again. 


No comments: