Wednesday, October 20, 2004

LSS

Darn this last song syndrome! Maroon 5's song is now permanently lodged in the videoke part of my brain, together with MYMP's "A Little Bit". Oh yeah, would recommend 94.7 during early afternoon (12 to 2 pm). They play acoustic hits during that time, and I'm not talking about the usual accoustic singers. I heard Nickelback's song today. Was surprised since I only hear their song in SO's radio station (NU 107).

Anyway, it's been days since my last post. I've been busy since Sunday. Leo and I were down south last Sunday and when I came home, I finished the last of my Ethics report and my genogram assignment.

As for Monday, I met with my groupmates to finalize our report. And yesterday, we had our group presentation. So far, the feedback was great and we got a nice applause for our efforts (even if our report took the whole 3 hour period!). And to think there were only three of us in the group.

CONJUGAL PROPERTY

There was a short, albeit, heated discussion at work last week about conjugal property. It started when SO made a statement regarding conjugal property. Anyway, I asked around and this is basically what I learned:

1. Anything that a person owns before marriage will be considered part of the conjugal property. Property, land titles and other chattel usually fall under this category. Income earned and debts incurred before and during the marriage will also be part of the conjugal pool. Jewelry, believe it or not, is also considered conjugal (although I doubt a husband would want to wear his wife's bling-blings or earrings).

2. If you're married, even if you have a bank account only under your name, the money there will be considered conjugal property and your spouse will have legal rights to that account.

3. There are property and assets which can be exempt from this ruling. For one, if the aforementioned property/assets were inherited, donated or given to the person. Inheritance or lotto/lottery winnings are not conjugal.

4. The existence of a pre-nuptial agreement is for the purpose of limiting the application of the conjugal law. A pre-nup can dictate which assets can only be considered as part of the conjugal pool. It can also have a clause in cases if the couple will separate--that sort of thing--which leads to the thought that if one part asks the other party to sign a pre-nup, they automatically presume that they will separate and that one is only with the other for his/her money. I can be wrong in this and I'm not claiming total authority. Any correction will be welcome.

DEAR ATE SUNSHINE

I played "Dear Ate Sunshine" to a good friend tonight. We had dinner at a nearby Pancake House and I spent more than an hour or so listening to his woes and his over-rationalization. I didn't mind though. It's been a long time since we've talked and I would want him to find the same happiness that I share with my SO right now. If listening and giving him the female's point of view is the only thing I can do for him, then I'll glady do so.

On second thought, I can always play matchmaker. MATCHMAKER ATE SUNSHINE CALLING ALL MY SINGLE GIRL-FRIENDS OUT THERE (OR SINGLE FRIENDS OF MY GIRL-FRIENDS), IF ANYONE WANTS TO DATE A REALLY NICE GUY WITH ISSUES, BUT STILL OVERALL, A NICE GUY, DO DROP ME A NOTE AND I WILL TELL YOU MORE ABOUT THIS "REALLY NICE GUY".

I think my friend will kill me if he sees this. Isipin niya binebenta ko na siya (actually, parang ganon nga. Hwek hwek hwek!).

1 comment:

CommensurateCorn2 said...

Hi, I enjoy reading your blog. Sino kaya yun friend na binigyan mo ng female point of view? Single pa rin ba ngayon? Sorry just got curious... you don't have to answer my query. :)