Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Vacation and a Wedding

Gosh, it feels great to be on leave. It's my second day out of the office and it feels great! Technically, it's my first day of leave. I was in the office yesterday to finish some pending items. Heh.

I had the chance to run my errands and follow-up on certain matters. There will be some changes that will happen in a couple of weeks. Will update once I manage to confirm some things (talk about mysterious. Haha).

My friend, Allan, got married last Sunday. It was such a beautiful wedding. As Ching and I refused to sing at the reception (at 500 Chinese guests?!! You must be kidding me!!!), he asked us to speak in front and make a wish for him and his lovely wife, Jen. The reception was very nicely done (although I could do without the 4 hour waiting time between the church ceremony and the reception. I was forewarned that it's that long). I like the touch wherein the personal relationship of their principal sponsors were highlighted (e.g. godmother of Allan at baptism, godmother of Jen at baptism etc etc). When it was my turn and Ching's to speak, I was embarassed when Allan included the tidbit wherein he asked for my advice before he courted Jen. Facing 500 people, I suddenly went blank. But I managed to bluff my way through and finished my speech. Still, it was a beautiful wedding. I took the picture featured on the left. This was taken after the ceremonies. They just released the doves at the entrance of the church. I like this picture as I've never seen my friend Allan so very happy (and to think we've been friends for 14 years!!!).

1 comment:

aschua said...

hi sunshi,

thanks for coming to the wedding and the reception. too bad the other guys weren't there. i really liked your speech. hope you guys had fun in the reception... thanks again for the gift (it was pratical and very useful)