Saturday, October 28, 2006

Light at the end of the Tunnel

Last Wednesday, I had a heart to heart talk with my boss. I poured out my frustrations, anxieties and insecurities about my job. I knew that I had to do something when I did nothing last Tuesday except cry instead of studying for my Digitech midterms. Moreover, I was crying in the shuttle on my way to work! Now if that's not burn out, I don't know waht it is.

When I got to work, I was crying every other minute. When I could not bear it any longer, I asked him if we could talk and we went down to Starbucks and went to a corner where we talked.

We spent around half an hour wherein we dialogued about expectations and my future with the department. Am so glad I managed to get all those things off my chest. It was affecting me in a negative way already. My sanity and my health was at stake already.

On another bright note, two people who are dear to me managed to resolve their decade old "misunderstanding". Am so looking forward to seeing them both on my wedding day together.

Am on block leave starting mid-November. As I needed a break from work, it was one of the things that I asked from my boss which he readily granted. I contacted my high school friends and we're thinking of going off to my bestfriend's province in Laguna for some R&R. Come to think of it, it's our first out of town ever! I'm so looking forward to that.

No comments: