Monday, August 20, 2007

On the 12th day

Ok, 12 days to go. 12 days to go.

I'll be starting my block leave on Wednesday. So that means I have one day left at work. Yay! I can barely concentrate anyway as my mind keeps on wandering to my wedding preps. At least my one downs will be both present tomorrow so I can turnover properly.

This is it. Oh my gosh, I'm getting married! Aaaaggghhh!!!

I had my make-up trial this morning at the studio of Madge Lejano. Jesy Alto did my make-up (also on the wedding day) and may I say, I have never looked so gorgeous in my entire life. Haha! I'll upload the photos as soon as I can download them from my digicam.

On the downside, our lolo was rushed to the OSMAC Acute Care Thursday afternoon. My tita called me and she was crying. She didn't know what to do as apparently, the doctors wanted to intubate lolo as his cancer has mesasticized to his chest area already pressing against his trachea making it difficult for him to breathe. I rushed to the hospital and spoke to the doctor. In the end, the children decided to bring their father home where he will be more comfortable. I think he would rather die at the peace and comfort of his bed rather than the noisy and chaotic hospital. The family decided that if anything happens, they will not resuscitate and they will make his last days as comfortable as possible. It's a waiting game now and anything might happen.

I would like to ask prayers in behalf of my lolo. Not for recovery as we've all accepted the inevitable will be near (Stage 4 cancer). We ask prayers that the rest of his days will not be too full of pain and that he will be readily accepted into God's kingdom. Well, we know that he will be. That's the reason why our lola went ahead--to prepare for his place.

2 comments:

Christina said...

It's coming, it's coming... In less than 2 weeks, you'll be a married woman :D Oh, I'm so excited.

Anonymous said...

of course im ready! ikaw, handa ka na ba (ala-korina)? :D

patingin naman ng pictures!

i hope that your lolo can at least make it to your wedding, para happy lahat :)