Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Day 9 - Road Trip to Connecticut

My mom's party was on a Saturday (Day 10) at a Hilton hotel near their home in Connecticut. We left New Jersey, Friday so we have ample time to get ready for the party. According to my sister, the drive usually takes them 4-5 hours in traffic. My brother-in-law wanted to leave late to avoid the traffic so after shopping for some more stuff at a nearby mall, we left Avenel at around 9PM.

We had to take two cars as with 2 car seats and 4 adults, we won't fit in the Lexus (plus strollers and luggage). So my brother-in-law, Jeff, drove the Honda with my niece, Madison, on the car seat and Leo accompanying him.

My sister, Claudine, drove the Lexus (which was such a nifty car. I love that SUV), with my nephew, Liam, on the carseat and me beside him at the back.


View Larger Map

According to Google Maps, the journey was 152 miles if we took the I-95 North (which we did). As the rush hour was over, we only traveled that span of miles in 2 hours and 30 minutes. We arrived in CT by 1130PM.

I love road trips here in the US (as long as I'm not driving) as you get to see different things. Too bad we drove at night as I was not able to see much but I really appreciate the scenery. My eyes tried to look at so many things and to store them in my brain hopefully I'll be able to remember them.

No comments: