Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 18 - Gales Ferry, CT and Sunni Dae

(Continuation of my travel posts. Day 18 is July 3, Sunday)

We spent the 4th of July weekend with my mom and stepfather at their CT house.

I really love their community because it's so peaceful and most of the people who live there are retirees from the nearby US Navy/Submarine base. We heard mass that morning in the local Catholic church. Again, they have that lovely musical organ and the sole singer who leads the congregation in the singing.

My stepfather has turned my mom into a dog lover and this weekend, they were able to bring home their new dog--an Akita breed--named Sunni Dae. I can't recall why they named her as such but she is one cute puppy.



Like any newborn baby, she pees and poops a lot and my stepdad would wake up in the middle of the night to take her out. I remember waking up also as I would hear her crying in her kennel.

I bet she's big now. I was told that this specific breed really grows and is quite loyal (there's a movie called Hachiko and a lot of my dog-lover friends have attested that it's quite a tearjerker. The dog there is an Akita breed). Can't wait to visit my mom again so I can see Sunni Dae.

No comments: