Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 19 - Groton, CT (4th of July Parade)

I was finally able to witness an honest-to-goodness local 4th of July Parade. It's nothing like the Rose Bowl but it's more of a community parade where almost every aspect of the community has its own float.

Before going there, I resolved to eat a healthy breakfast so I can some cereal, fresh blueberries and humongous strawberries. This is what it looked like:



If there's one thing I miss about the US, it's the fresh fruits as shown above. That was the best breakfast that I had when I was there. I tried to duplicate it here but I could not find fruits that are as fresh like what I got there.

My step-sister-in-law, Eldica and my stepbrother, Patrick together with their son, Christian, picked us up and took us to the next town (Groton) where we staked a spot across the local Dunkin Donut (apparently, Dunkin Donuts is really big in the East Coast. Krispy Kreme is not heard of there) to wait for the parade.

The parade featured the navy servicemen in their really spiffy uniforms. There were also the vintage cars and motorcycles. It was interesting as it gives you an idea on what kind of community Groton is.

I told Eldica that on my next visit, I would want to visit an old-fashioned country fair. I want to eat the local food and see the local sights. Somehow, it's like seeing all the stuff that I read come to life. She promised to take me and I can't wait!

Here she is with her really cute son:

No comments: