Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pinched Nerve



On Wednesday night, I noticed that my left arm was feeling sore. I didn't pay attention to it as I just went to the gym the previous day. But when I couldn't move my arm anymore the next day, I knew there was something wrong.

I self-diagnosed with the help of webmd.com and found out that I have a pinched nerve. As I knew therapy was needed, I called our local manghihilot to deal with my shoulder.

When she arrived and started working on my shoulder. She confirmed that it was indeed a pinched nerve and massaged the nerves out.

My arm is still sore up to now but getting better. I haven't had a decent night's sleep in three nights and I'm getting grumpy. I couldn't get dressed without any assistance from my husband. What frustrates me is that I can't take any painkillers as we're in the middle of TTC. I just have to do with Paracetamol and it somehow takes the edge off but still painful.

I think what made it really painful yesterday was the aircon in the office. Temperature is relatively Siberian (although it's only 22C but that feels like 10C to me) and somehow amplified the pain.

Hopefully today, my arm will feel better. I miss cradling my son and playing with him.

(Thanks to healthcentral.com for the picture)

No comments: