Sunday, September 30, 2012

"Ber" You Go

September is almost ending and the last quarter of 2012 is upon us. I can't believe time flew by so fast this year. Maybe because of my new job that entails meeting targets every month.

It has been a really exciting year. Lots of changes and challenges that came my way. Probably the only thing that I didn't like about this year was that I gained back all the pounds that I lost last year. I now have to struggle in losing them again before the year ends (or at least 5 lbs as that would be the amount of weight that I'll gain during the Christmas season).

I haven't been writing that much as I have been horribly busy. Between the new job, my teaching and Basti getting sick recently, it has been really crazy. But then, I prefer this than twiddling my thumbs and whiling the time away. I feel myself degenerating everytime I get bored with what I'm doing or if I have too much time in my hands.

On a sad note, my maternal grandmother passed away last Wednesday due to renal failure, she's 84. My memories of her involve staying with her and my grandfather at their mansion in Batangas during weekends and summers. She is one strong woman to have birthed 13 children and survived  her husband who passed away due to stroke more than 20 years ago. She has been residing in the US for more than 10 years already. I'm glad I had the chance to see her one last time last year when we had a vacation at the US. Farewell, Lola Meling. You are now free of pain and reunited with Lolo Prime. Say hi to him for me and also to Lolo Ruben and Lola Pacing.

No comments: