Sunday, November 10, 2013

Old Friends Meet Again

Allan, Chris, Rico and Sunshine at Audric's First Birthday Party
at KFC Banawe
It's seldom that you meet friends who you would want to be friends with for a long time and if you do happen to find them, you try your best to keep them with you until you grow old together.

I am fortunate to have such friends. Our friendship has lasted for more than 20 years now--almost half of our lives. We were a bigger group before brought together by our love for gaming. (Actually, I knew nothing about it then but when one of them took me under his wing when I was a College freshman, I was hooked.)

That big group of about 8 have now trickled down to 4 (sometimes, 5). Some have moved to other countries while others have pursued different interests. I'm glad that we still have this core group that gets together during special occasions--such as the first birthday of Allan's youngest. We don't see each other as much as want, moreover since two of us are already married and with kids, but I always look forward to meeting them when time permits.

There are still 2-3 of them that still meets to play and someday, I hope we can have a spare day where we can have one serious role-playing game. I miss going on an adventure with these guys--even if the adventure is just in our minds.


No comments: