Thursday, December 26, 2013

It's the Same Old Feeling

2013 is drawing to a close and it's time for me to recap the year that was.

It's supposed to be a happy Christmas as my dear aunts are in town for a vacation but I can't seem to enjoy myself. There seems to be something missing--maybe because I crammed my Christmas gifts--which I haven't done for the longest time. Usually, I'm done wrapping by the first week of December. This year, I was still wrapping gifts on the 23rd of December! That is totally unacceptable in my OC world.

Or it could be because my son got sick during Christmas Eve and most of Christmas Day. I could not enjoy the happenings as I was worrying about him. Thankfully, he's better now.

We had our share of tragedies this year. I visited several wakes and one of them was an uncle. Cancer again took someone dear to us and it was quick this time around--less than a month after it's diagnosis. Maybe that's why the feeling of being unsettled is appeased when I see my Dad being happy with his siblings. After a tough year that they had, they deserve to have fun.

My dear sister also visited us this year--5 years since she was last here. This time around, she brought with her her husband and two kids. It was great seeing them and spending time with them. Hopefully, I would get to see her next year when we visit them for my husband's cousin's ordination.

I will write more (hopefully) in the next few days. Five day vacation coming up. Hopefully, I can use it to recharge and clean up our Christmas mess.

No comments: