Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

My mom is the most beautiful woman I've ever known. I wish that I am as beautiful as her.

Being the eldest, my mom raised me differently from my other siblings. I guess it goes with the territory as she was the eldest as well. She had it tougher as she had 12 other siblings to look after while I only had 3.

She raised me to be independent, responsible and tough. We rarely had heart-to-heart moments and I will treasure those rare times.

There was this one instance when I was in College, I went to my parents room as my boyfriend broke up with me over the phone and he seemed so distraught and even sounded suicidal. He did not want to answer my calls and I got worried over him. I went inside my parent's room and lied down beside my mom and just cried. I told her what happened and shared my worries. She offered to drive for me to see my boyfriend in the morning and see if he's alright. Thinking about it now is just so embarrassing but what made the moment very poignant was that she did not like my boyfriend at all but she did it because she loved me.

My mom is such a selfless person. People perceive her as tough but she is one of the most soft-hearted and generous person I have ever known. Her siblings look up to her and she never hesitates to give when needed. I can never question her love and dedication to me and my siblings. I am so happy that she got her second chance for happily-ever-after with my stepfather, Russell.

I was in Batangas to visit some of her relatives yesterday. When they asked me how I was, they remarked that all my mom's children are very successful. It goes to show that she and my dad, raised me and my siblings well.

My mom now lives a thousand miles from me and I don't get to talk or see her as much as I want. I love her so much and I can't wait to hug her again when I see her this weekend.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom. I hope one day, my son can see me the way I see you now. I love you!

No comments: