Friday, May 02, 2014

Panic Mode, On!


In 13 days, we're leaving for our US Vacation. And I'm panicking already.

I have tons of relatives in the US, including my mom and sister. Naturally, like most homesick people, our luggage will be full of "pasalubong" or gifts for our family. However, I still have not made much headway to the list that they sent me. Most of the stuff that they want are food items but I cannot buy them until the week we leave and I have to do that on top of packing and doing my turnover at work. Oh well, I only get to do this twice every five years (every other year if we're lucky) so might as well suck it up.

I'm quite excited already as it will be our first trip abroad as a family. We did not bring Basti with us in our last US trip so this will be a trip to remember. Not to mention, we will be going to Disneyworld!

Speaking of Disneyworld, my brother-in-law sent me the picture on the left letting me know that our magic bands have arrived. This will be our ticket to the park, not to mention it will make a nice souvenir afterwards. Though I've been to Hongkong Disneyland, Disneyworld is literally a world apart.

The first time I went to the US more than 20 years ago, I wanted to visit Disneyland. Looks like I'll be getting that wish, 20 years later. It's funny that I'm more excited than my 5 year old son.

No comments: