Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Grateful

After eight long years, I'll be leaving my comfort zone and will be trying something new.

The work is not relatively new but it's heavy enough to bring my downfall if I fail or lift me to new heights if I succeed.

I'm very excited with this new role but the feeling I have right now is more of sadness. I'll be leaving my team--my family for the past eight years. I had to talk to three sets of people (including my boss) and I cried in each and everyone of those conversations.

Maybe what made me emotional was the abruptness of the change. My move will take effect by next week. My bosses have identified my replacement and we have started our turnover.

I will really miss my team and our synergy. I will miss managing people even though they've contributed to the proliferation of white hairs on my head.

I take on this new challenge with an open heart and open mind. My reading prowess and comprehension will be duly tested.

I am beyond grateful and forever thankful.

No comments: