Monday, May 04, 2020

Smokey Mountain Reunion - May 3, 2020

I've always known them as the brainchild of Maestro Ryan Cayabyab. They went through several versions until their group eventually retired. But their songs were a part of my youth.

They reunited yesterday virtually for Bayanihan Musikahan. They sang this medley which brought tears to my eyes when I first heard it this morning. Though sung online, they were able to deliver superbly that I felt the heartfelt message of the song/s.

Paraiso
Help me make a stand
Paraiso
Take me by the hand
Paraiso
Make the world understand
That I could see a single bird
What a joy this tired hungry land could expect
Some truth and respect from the rest of the world.

--

Singing we are gonna love people of the world
We are gonna make you a better world
We all respect you people of the world
We are gonna make you a better world

----

Somehow, I've been playing this repeatedly throughout the day. One of my favorite performances during this ECQ.


 

No comments: