Wednesday, May 06, 2020

Why KDrama?

Woo Do Hwan (The King: Eternal Monarch)

I've been watching KDramas for a relatively short time (since June 2018) and I've already watched quite a number. By my count, I'm 7 shy to reach a 100--that is excluding movies and variety shows.

Friends and relatives can't seem to understand my "addiction" to the genre and why I exert so much effort to read the subtitles. I guess I'm a speed reader so it's easy for me to read but other than that, I've fallen in love with the stories, production and of course, the beautiful oppas.

At first, I couldn't understand why they looked so effeminate but I ate my words when I saw them act and they proceeded to charm their way into my heart. Watching the dramas is my happy pill and they provided me the distraction and stress reliever that I badly need.

During this ECQ, I had a handful of people message tell me that they now understand where I'm coming from and why I'm crazy over the dramas and the oppas. I'm glad I was sort of vindicated and at the same time, I'm happy that I have more people to share my interests with.

So far, these are the current dramas in my plate and I want to add more!

ONGOING:
The King: Eternal Monarch
Hospital Playlist - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Good Casting

CONCLUDED:
Cheese in a Trap
Are You Human?

That's few considering I can watch more than that at the same time. Still checking out the new ones and even the old concluded dramas. I need some romcom to cheer me up.

No comments: