Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Da Vinci's Angels and Demons

Rico recommended to me The Da Vinci Code which I finished within a week and Angels and Demons which I finished today. I could not put both books down reinforcing my love for the suspense genre. Moreover when the setting and characters involved are those which are dear to my heart: Rome and the Catholic religion--with a "nerd" as the main protagonist. I had to speed read since I wanted to know how everything ended up without reading the ending. It was very interesting, I tell you. Especially the way Dan Brown kept me guessing on who the head contrabida is.

I've always been fascinated with Rome and the Vatican due to its numerous Catholic churches. I mentioned beforehand how I happen to love churches--the older the better. If/whenever I do get married, I want the ceremony to be held at an old church. Not the oldest church, but an old church. Complete with old stone walls and a majestic altar. That would really be grand, wouldn't it?

I stayed home today due to my still aching back. It gave me the chance to catch up on my notes and to review for my upcoming last quiz for management science on Thursday. It's my last chance to redeem myself and for me to get at least a decent final grade. I really can't wait for this term to be over. Remind me NOT to get two math subjects in one term. I overestimated myself and my capacity to understand mathematical figures and equations. I just proved that abstract thinking is not one of my greatest strengths. The only reason why I passed Statistics with flying colours last term was that I had great groupmates and they were kind enough to answer my inane questions. Not to mention I had few commitments then. Now with all these things on my plate, juggling everything was something which I did not plan at all.

No comments: