Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Take and Receive

"Take and receive, O Lord, my liberty
Take all my will, my mind, my memory
All things I hold and all I own are thine
Thine was the gift to thee I all resign.
Do thou direct and govern all and sway
Do what thy will command and I obey
Only thy grace, thy love on me bestow
These make me rich, all else will I forego."


Above are lyrics of one of my favorite mass songs. It's a song that talks about total obedience and submission to the will of God. It's basically being dependent on a supreme being.

Some people find this difficult to comprehend, especially those who believe that their lives are theirs to control. I have no quarrel about that. In fact, an important principle that I live on is to not mess about with anyone's faith and as long as they leave my beliefs alone.

That is why I live each day with the thought that all that I have today are not possible if not for God. That all I have are actually His and His to give or take. All that I can do is to nurture and care for all the things He has given me, until the time He would take everything back.

Recently, He has given me a great treasure which is the most wonderful gift that I have ever received from Him. The first few days, all I can do was stare at it and try to figure out how to go about in nurturing it and letting it grow. Actually, I'm still adjusting to the idea of having this gift around.

What was funny, was that I didn't know it was a gift in the first place. It arrived rather unnoticed that it took several months until I recognized that it was a gift from God. I felt awe and wonder when I managed to take the time out and observe this new present that I have been blessed to have.

I hold this gift in my hands, clutching at it not too tightly, nor too loosely. Just enough to let it foster and bloom, but at the same time, hoping and praying that it would not wander off or fade away.

I do not know what tomorrow brings for this gift, or its purpose in the greater scheme of things. I still live with the shadow of fear and anxiety clouding my heart, but I hope that one day, the warm rays of love will shine to chase away all the cold and ice. I live today for today and hope that the future will be bright for this blessing.

No comments: