Friday, July 21, 2006

Breakdown

I had sort of a breakdown yesterday. I knew my day yesterday would not be great when I woke up at 4 am due to a work-related though. I could not sleep afterwards as my mind was already thinking of what I'll be doing that day at work. When I got to work, I saw one of the departments that I was working with and pitched an idea to her. Next thing I knew, she was going off-tangent and giving out advice. They were not negative things at all and what she was saying was reasonable enough, however, I must be more tired than I thought that I felt sad after we talked. I just felt so off that it carried on throughout the day and I asked SO that we go home early.

Leo was promptly at the ground floor to pick me up at 6 pm. Once I got in his car, I started crying softly. It carried on until we got home and I still kept on crying. Heck, I was crying until I fell asleep at 11 pm!

When I woke up this morning, I felt very much better. It's true when they say that a good night's sleep really cures a lot of things and in my case, it cured my depression for sure! I was just frustrated with my job and my life. My job because of all the expectations heaped on me and doing my job without proper orientation, and my life because also of the expectations of my family and relatives. I harbored thoughts of being inefficient and incompetent that I started believing it. I know that I am where I am because people believed in me and my capabilities. I am not incompetent, just not properly trained. Thank God it's Friday!

1 comment:

bulan said...

i hope you're feeling better now. dont worry. these too shall pass. i miss you..haven't seen you in a while :(